NO PURCHASE/PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A PURCHASE/PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, a division of ABC, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Real John Carter Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to entrants who: (i) have an “Eligible Name” (as defined below); (ii) are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older); (iii) are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States or D.C., (collectively, “Territory”); and (iv) are not employees of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary, related or affiliated companies, or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”), nor members of such persons’ households or immediate families (defined as parents, child, spouse, siblings and the spouses of each). Each entrant who meets all of the criteria set forth above shall be an “Eligible Entrant.” Without limiting the foregoing, in order to be an Eligible Entrant, an entrant’s legal name must be composed of the following elements: (1) a first name of: John, Jon, Jonathan, Jonathon, Jawn, Gian or Juan; and (2) a last name of: Carter, Cartur, Cartir, Karter, Karter, Kartar, Khartar, Kharter or Kartir (each, an “Eligible Name”). Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make the final determination as to each entrant’s eligibility, including without limitation, to deem an entrant whose name is spelled substantially similar to one of the spellings of “John Carter” listed above as eligible.
3. ENTRY: Eligible Entrants may enter this Sweepstakes online during the period beginning at 12:01:00 A.M. on January 20, 2012, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M. on February 17, 2012 (“Entry Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), “Day” shall mean each calendar day during the Entry Period and all times and Days are Pacific Time. You may enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period by visiting www.realjohncarter.com (“Website”), following the on screen entry instructions and clicking on the “submit” or similar button. You will receive one (1) entry (“Basic Entry”) each Day that you follow these entry instructions during the Entry Period. By entering, each Eligible Entrant authorizes Sponsor to send the Eligible Entrant up to four (4) emails to the email address provided by the Eligible Entrant during the entry process. Each such email will contain instructions to obtain one or more additional entries (“Additional Entries”) into the Sweepstakes by answering a multiple-choice trivia question (“Question”) related to the film John Carter. You must answer each Question correctly in order to obtain an Additional Entry, but will be given as many opportunities as needed to answer the Question correctly. “Entry” shall mean and refer to each Basic and Additional Entry submitted by an Eligible Entrant. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if you change your email address (“Address”).
Upon the first Basic Entry into the Sweepstakes, each Eligible Entrant will also receive an invitation to a preview screening of the John Carter movie for the Eligible Entrant and a guest.
4. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. on February 17, 2011. Regardless of whether a person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address, Basic Entries are limited to one (1) per person/Address per Day and Additional Entries are limited to four (4) per person/Address for the entire Entry Period. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting any Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 3 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for: Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet service provider, Website or other connections, or accessibility; miscommunications; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; computer hardware or software, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple emails or accounts to register more Entries than allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
5. PRIZE: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize winner will receive an Adventures by Disney® Sacred Valleys and Incan Cities travel package (“Trip”) for the winner and one (1) guest (together with the winner, the “Couple”), which includes nine (9) days/eight (8) nights to Lima, Peru, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco and return to Lima. TRIP MUST COMMENCE ON OCTOBER 6, 2012 (“Trip Date”), and consists of the following elements for the Couple:  hotel accommodations (one standard room/double occupancy) for eight (8) nights;  round-trip coach air transportation between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”) and Lima, Peru;  participation in a guided group travel experience with up to forty-two (42) other guests (“Travel Party”);  services of two (2) Adventure Guides for the Travel Party;  transportation within the Trip;  services of local experts;  on-tour luggage handling;  gratuities for bellmen, housekeepers, drivers, activity providers and dining room staff;  scheduled meals;  entertainment and activities expressly included in the Trip;  travel taxes associated with the Trip;  airport/hotel transfers and other ground transportation expressly included in the Trip. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, activities and ground transportation not expressly included in the Trip, alcoholic beverages, excess luggage fees, gratuities for the two (2) Adventure Guides, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, spa services, telephone calls and some additional taxes which are not expressly included in the Trip. Destinations are subject to change without notice. Adventures by Disney booking, cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply. Itineraries and departure dates may be changed, cancelled or discontinued at any time and without prior notice. Travel and lodging are subject to availability. Hotel regulations and conditions apply. Winner must book the Trip by August 1, 2012 and take Trip on the Trip Date or Trip will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $9,458.00, which will vary depending upon point of departure and fluctuation of hotel rates and air fares. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. All travel is subject to change without notice. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. The prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by May 1, 2012, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded.
All taxes (including, without limitation, state and federal income taxes) and the reporting consequences thereof associated with the use, acceptance, and participation in the Trip are solely the responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the prize value.
6. PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period in order to be eligible. On or about February 18, 2012, in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor, the potential winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. The decision of the Sponsor shall be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
7. WINNER: On or about February 18, 2012, a potential winner will be contacted via e-mail (or such other method as determined by Sponsor) based on contact information provided when entering the Sweepstakes. In order to be confirmed as the winner, and without limitation of any other terms herein, the potential winner must provide satisfactory proof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, that such potential winner is an Eligible Entrant, including but not limited to providing Sponsor with proof that the potential winner has an Eligible Name (e.g., by providing a copy of the potential winner’s government-issued identification) and/or additional information required by Sponsor in order to verify eligibility and compliance with the Rules. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residence;  potential winner’s failure to provide additional information upon request as required by Sponsor in order to verify compliance with the Rules;  potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) business days after its mailing;  potential winner’s failure to be available to make the Trip on the Trip Date;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by May 1, 2012 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The Couple must travel together on the same itinerary and be responsible for all required travel documentation. The Guest will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Guest may not be a Minor unless the winner is his/her parent/legal guardian (“Parent”); and such Minor must be accompanied by a Parent at all times during the Trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events). Guest must be at least 8 years old at time of travel. Additional age and size requirements may apply while on the Trip.
10. RULES & WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner (after February 18, and before May 1, 2012) and/or Rules (before February 17, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Real John Carter Sweepstakes, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.
REALCARTER (1-11-12) #4827